Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Sunday 30 January 2011

Mawi Please!!

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you would know by now that I have a thing for statement jewellery. OK, I'm more obsessed. If it's big, chunky, gold and adorned with weird and wacky embellishments, then I'm in heaven.

Once upon a time I was a humble little fashion intern at Elle magazine, and it was there that I was introduced to my favourite jewellery brand of all time. I remember trying on a ring that looked like an animal door knocker, a real knuckle duster, and an incredible massive gold chain with a huge round green jewel incased in a gold claw. A fellow intern grimaced at the pieces, herself preferring a simple chain and earrings, but I was in love. If you haven't heard of Mawi, please visit the website now! Celeb fans include fashion queenie and meanie Olivia Palermo and the fierce Rihanna.

I was lucky enough to be given one of the amazing leopard door knocker rings at one of my jobs, and now I covet the rest of the collections! Be warned, these pieces are not for the faint hearted - only wear if you have a spirit as fierce as Queen Beyonce! I've put a few images below. Enjoy! x


Mawi Fan Rihanna
Mawi Fan Olivia Palermo

No comments:

Post a Comment