Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Wednesday 4 January 2012

What I Found at the River Island Sale

I am never a big fan of the sales.

Always too crowded, the rails are jam packed with random things, normally beautifully presented shops look like jumble sales, and it basically takes the exclusivity out of a shopping experience. Plus, I hardly ever find anything in the sales, and tend to end up buying full price new season stuff...not really the point!

However, you can on occasion find a few rare gems - that amazing coat you've been coverting all season, those fab boots you couldn't afford at full price or that gorgeous bag that you've been craving for ages! Today, I had that rare experience myself!

I had to pop into River Island to return an item I was sent - my dad ordered a jumper from my wish list for xmas, and River Island ended up sending the wrong item...brilliant! So I went into the Oxford Street branch (right by my work) and straight away I found the jumper I originally wanted, which had gone down almost 50% in the sale. Result! I also found a gorgeous pair of black heeled ankle boots and an adorable big dalmation print bow for my hair.

The jumper was £20 down from £38, the boots £30 down from £70 and the bow £3 down from £7. Not a bad result really! Especially as I wanted the jumper all along. Sale satisfaction!

What about you? Have you found anything good in the sales? Enjoy x




No comments:

Post a Comment