Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Wednesday 21 September 2011

Meadham Kirchhoff SS12 Show

Time for another SS12 show update!

Today's obsession is with quirky label Meadham Kirchhoff who have really made it big over the last few years. A few jobs backed, when I worked in the world of fashion PR, I worked with the designers behind the label, and it was all lace, Gothic and deconstruction - cool but not very adaptable (and it seems that's what they intended). So I was in complete shock (and joyous rapture) when I saw the SS12 collection and how gorgeously fun and kitsch is was.

Happiness, fun and cutesey-ness (is that a word) is what I felt when I saw the collection. The runway was adorned with arches of candy coloured balloons, and a group of Courtney Love lookalikes stormed the runway en masse and applied lipstick, before breaking into dance! Sound surreal? It gets better. The models then came, strutting their stuff followed by a group of school girl ballerinas, then a cake was revealed with yet more models showcasing the collection.

The whole show celebrated what it is to be a girl  - not a woman - because isn't it more fun to be girly??

As for the collection; think check button-downs, vintage cartoon appliqués, fluffy pastel marabou coats, and little shifts and sculptured dresses with a wedding cake theme executed in broderie anglaise. Knee-high socks and cute sandals, candy coloured make-up, candy floss wigs and more colour and fun than I've seen in a long time. I must own this collection, and next season I am definitely working my inner 7 year old! Enjoy x































images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment