Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Monday 19 September 2011

Best and Worst Dressed at the Emmys

I just wanted to give a quick rundown of who I thought sparkled and who...well...didn't basically, at last nights Emmy Awards. One thing seemed to stand out, the amount of shiny and wet-look dresses that were worn on the red carpet, which, for me, really don't work. Shiny can equal a bit cheap looking, and for some of these gowns, I'm afraid they looked just that - despite the designer price tag! In other news, bold, vibrant colour blocks seemed to be the star's choice this year - especially jewel tones in reds and blues.

Here's my verdict:

Hot

Kate Winslet looked every inch the star that she is in a hot red Elie Saab number


Kelly Osbourne looked stunning in a deep plum J Mendel fishtail gown

Katie Holmes just made it into the hot list in this blue Calvin Klein dress - gorgeous colour but not really red carpet

Nina Dobrev...WOW!

Sarah Hyland looks fresh, modern and beautiful - love the silver accessories

Julie Bowen looked effortlessly cool and chic in Oscar De La Renta

love this red Marchesa dress on Glee star Lea Michele

Not

I do love you Gwyneth, but this cut away dress by Pucci has left me scratching my head in confusion!

Christina Hendricks - stunning figure, gorgeous face, but this dress just does not do it for me

This graphic dress by Oscar de la Renta looks just wrong on Claire Danes - a bit too funky and cool for a red carpet event

Toooooo many ruffles for Heidi Klum. It just makes her look bulky and this super model is anything but!


It's a miss for Dianna Agron in this shiny Roksanda Illinic dress


Too shiny, clingy and just a bit...bleurgh I'm afraid Jane Krakowski


I love the colour of this gown, but again...too shiny and the shape does nothing for you Amy Poehler

No comments:

Post a Comment