Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Tuesday 20 September 2011

Burberry Prorsum SS12 Show

Readers of Belle of the Ball would be well aware that as much as I love fashion, I am a much bigger fan of the autumn/winter collections than spring/summer. I don't know why exactly, but I love the idea of layering, textures, accessories and I just tend to find autumn/winter collections to be more creative.

Imagine my delight then when I saw the Burberry Prorsum SS12 collection - which could easily be mistaken for a pre-fall collection. Yay! It seems that Christopher Bailey was inspired by our non-existent summer this year (and most years come to think of it), so much so that parkas, belted trenches, hats and deconstructed layers ruled his collection.

Accessories wise, we're talking wide belts, wedges, big bags and tribal influenced jewellery - lovely! I loved the combinations of prints and colours, stripes and parkas, and some gorgeous block colours in rich hues. The whole collection was a breath of fresh air, a world away from the pastels and acid brights we've been seeing, and this is definitely a collection that will be inspiring my SS12 wardrobe! Enjoy x




















images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment