Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Tuesday 1 May 2012

We're All Going on a Summer Holiday!

Yay!

The time has finally come, I am off on my holiday! Tomorrow morning at some horribly early hour, we will be jetting off to the beautiful shores of Croatia. I am very excited to be getting out of London and this weird weather for a few days.

Today, I have been packing like mad, obviously packing too much and just trying to get things organised.

One thing I always struggle with when I go on holiday, is which colour to paint my nails (trivial I know!) I like to have just one colour per holiday, so the choice of which one to go for is always tricky, especially as I seem to buy a new colour every week at the moment.

So, I lined up my choices to choose from; 42 down to 7 is a big deal I think :o) Below are my options:




This is Rainbow in the S-Kylie from the Kardashian Kolor range from O.P.I. It's made up of loads of tiny, multi coloured pieces of glitter, and when you layer it on in about 3 coats, you get an amazing kaleidoscope effect. It also looks gorgeous worn as a top coat over another colour.



This is Indian Ocean from the Beetlejuice range from Models Own. It's a gorgeous shimmering blue with hints of lilac, which looks stunning worn alone (you have to apply at least two coats) or over a blue or lilac shade.


My favourite of the moment, Hedonist from the Hed Kandi range from Models Own. An amazing neon orange which practically glows in the dark! Love it!



This bright little number is Beach Party from the Hed Kandi range from Models Own. It's a super bright pastel orange, which is so pretty. This is a definite contender!



One of my new purchases from last week - Pool Party from Topshop. This is my first Topshop nail varnish and I wore it last week and loved it. It's a stunning bluey green and everyone commented on it.


I love pastel brights for summer. This gorgeous colour is from Bourjois, and it's got a great anti chip formula, which lasts about a week (they say 10 days, but it really was more like a week). It's a creamy pastel coral.



The final choice is a sentimental one. Backstage Pass by Duri. I wore this beautiful soft lilac on my wedding day and on my honeymoon. It lasts ages and looks so stunning.

So, after mulling it over...I decided to go with...



Hedonist by Models Own. This is the perfect holiday colour. It's bright, eye-catching, goes with pretty much all of my outfits and it looks fab with a tan (albeit mine is a spray on!)

I will try and do a blog or two while we're away, but I have no idea what we'll be doing at the moment, we're playing this holiday a bit by ear. So, if I don't get the chance to blog, see you in 11 days!

Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment