Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Saturday 30 October 2010

Bedknobs and Broomsticks


Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Last night I had a bit of trouble falling asleep, so I decided to see if there were any movies on to lull me into dreamland, and I came across an absolute gem from my childhood, Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Now, call me odd, but as I was lying there watching this brilliant film, I couldn't help but notice the clothes the women, in particular mouthy Carrie, wore. The colour palette for the costumes are those gorgeous earthy tones we saw all over the AW2010 catwalk, from designers such as Chloe, Kenzo and Max Mara. Navy blues mixed with rich camel tones and subtle floral prints, not to mention the new mid calf length skirt which is proving to be so popular now.

In particular, Carrie's deep camel dress and blue cardi combo, along with her cute scarf knotted around her neck, really caught my eye. Especially as I'm sure I've seen and lusted over pieces in Zara recently that look identical to her WW2 ensemble!

Have a look at the images below, all from Zara's current collection (available to buy online and in store) and tell me I'm wrong! Love the movie and love the fashion even more! Head to Zara now and create your own Disney inspired look. I wonder what's next, make up tips from the Little Mermaid?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Coat £59.99

Overcoat with Belt £119

Cardigan £19.99

Sweater £29.99

Cardigan £25.99

http://www.zara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment