Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Thursday 28 October 2010

The Wisdom of Ugly Betty

I'll never forget the words of one of my first bosses in the weird and wonderful world of fashion - "we need to stamp the niceness out of you." Ermm...how about no? No matter what this "lady" or anyone else says, you do not have to be a bitch, be conniving or be two faced in order to succeed in this industry. I have met some people that live up to the typical fashion persona, always looking out for number one, in it for the freebies, in it for the schmoozing, parties and of course the arse kissing. However, I have also met some of the loveliest most genuine kind hearted people who are in this business for the right reasons, the love of fashion, beautiful designs, creativity and fun - let's face it, we're not curing cancer here, fashion should be fun!

I have never once felt the need to change who I am. I was raised to be considerate and genuine and have parents that are kind and loving to the core, so why should I let a so-called "shallow" industry change that? I believe I have gotten where I am but sticking to my roots and my beliefs.

I absolutely adore this industry, I love designers, high street, styling, writing, the parties, the magazines, the blogs, and the freedom that fashion gives you, allowing you to dress however you want and be whoever you want to be. I hope that I am always involved in fashion, no matter where life takes me and I fully expected to keep meeting the schmucks of this world, but I know I'll also be lucky enough to meet the genuine fashion lovers out there who make this industry so amazing.

So saieth my first blog words. Don't expect the rest of my posts to be so preachy...sorry about that...just wanted something a little deeper for the first post :) Thanks and hope you enjoy.

Claire Belle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment