Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Monday 19 August 2013

My "Go To" Smoky Eye



Since having my little man, I've had to device a quick and simple, yet still pretty, look, which I can wear everyday (weekdays mind you...on the weekends when hubby can take over for a bit and I have more time, I get a bit more creative).

So I came up with a subtle smoky eye using brown shades and a gentle glowing look. I have to admit, since using Bioderma and Pixi's Glow Tonic (check out the review here) my skin has looked far better, making it look more refreshed and glowing after each use.

The products I chose to create the look are: Maybelline The Rocket mascara, MAC Mineral SPF Foundation, Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer, Benefit Sugarbomb bronzer, Benefit Hervana blusher, Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil, Maybelline Master Drama Kohl Liner and my Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face brush.

After cleansing and moisturising with Bioderma, Pixi Glow Tonic and Steam Cream, I apply the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer with my fingers (I picked up a sample of this but will be purchasing it ASAP!) which gives your skin a really pretty dewy glow.



Once primed, I take my MAC foundation and apply it with my fingers before blending it into my skin with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, making sure it's blended perfectly into my skin. This foundation leaves a lovely, light coverage and maintains the dewy look.




To give my face a bit more colour, I apply the Sugarbomb bronzer just under my cheekbones (quick tip: roll your brush down your cheek until you feel your cheekbone for the best place to apply) with an E.L.F. brush. This makes your cheekbones pop and gives a nice contoured look.



Then I use the Hervana blush on the apples of my cheeks to add a pop of colour and highlight. Once both bronzer and brush are applied, I use the same brush to gently buff them together to it looks natural. You are then left with a subtle yet defined look.



Onto the eyes. Using the Collection Eyeshadow Pencil, I draw on colour all over my eye lids then using an eyeshadow brush, I gently blend the colour into the sockets and up to the eyebrow, creating more depth at the outer corners and in the sockets.



Using my Maybelline Master Drama Kohl liner I draw carefully over the lash line. This kohl is super soft and blends beautifully. Once drawn on, I gently buff the black kohl so the line is not so intense but creates a gorgeous smoky look, without being too dramatic.



I then take the Rocket mascara and apply to both the top and bottom lashes and with the same brush I used to buff the kohl and eyeshadow into the top lids, I gently buff the bottom lid to give just a touch of the colour and add a tiny bit more definition to the final look.

And there you have it. An easy very wearable smoky eye, which lasts all day and can be made more evening appropriate by simply adding a touch more kohl to the bottom and top lids.






I haven't applied a lip colour yet, as that totally depends on where you are going. For daytime, I use a Benefit crème lipstick, which lasts well and leaves enough colour and sheen to look natural yet gives a bit of a statement.

What do you think of this overall look? Do you have a "go to" look, which you use frequently? Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment