Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Saturday 21 July 2012

Rihanna for River Island

I love a good celebrity/high street collaboration - but of course, I hate a bad one, and there have been a fair share of both over the last few years!

An exciting collaboration, which was announced this week, is between one of my favourite high street brands, River Island, and one of my favourite singers, Rihanna. The Barbados beauty has always had such cool style. Never afraid to look grungy, sexy, high fashion, low key, whatever, she does it all and always carries off each look with amazingly. I love how her style has evolved over the years, and how for each video, performance and appearance, she looks different but always uniquely...well...Rihanna. Yes I am aware that she has a team of stylists, but even so, every look is her own.

Now River Island has always been one of my favourite high street haunts. Over the years their style has evolved - it follows trends and adapts the ones which will work best for them. Long gone are the days of sequins, beading and tack, which they used to be associated with and now they are one of the true British High Street giants, with collections that look cutting edge, high fashion and uniquely British.

It was really exciting then when River announced that they were approached by Rihanna, to create a brand new collaboration.

Rihanna said; “I’ve been wanting to design my own collection for some time. River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family run business also really appealed to me. I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I’m looking forward to working with them and creating something really special.”

Ri-Ri's collection will hit stores in spring 2013. I cannot wait to see what it'll be like and I'll share more when more news (and hopefully sneak peaks) of the collection are made public.

What do you think of this collaboration? Are you a fan of River Island and Rihanna, and of celebrity collaborations? Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment