Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Tuesday 13 November 2012

New MAC Lipstick

A bit of an indulgent post today!

I've started doing my Christmas shopping, mainly due to the fact that I don't want to dragging myself around the shops in December in the horrific present buying crowds! I thought I would start nice and early and then get the pressies brought bit by bit...much more civilised than rushing around the shops last minute!

Anyway, I was on my lunch break and hitting the shops in Carnaby Street, when I passed MAC. Now, I never normally buy myself products from MAC - instead I always ask for products for my birthday or Christmas, as yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it, and I can't really justify buying myself a £15 lipstick or £18 eyeshadow on a regular basis.

Today however, I really had the urge to treat myself to a new lipstick - especially as I'm not really buying myself clothes at the moment, due to my ever expanding belly! I've been really drawn to purple tone lipsticks recently, both light and dark. I've never really thought about choosing this tone before, but I think it actually really suits my pale skin/dark features. Red always looks to strong, so I normally go for more natural browns/browny reds/browny pinks, but about a month ago, I decided to try purple - looked weird in the packaging but fab on!

So, I chose a really gorgeous purple tone from the MAC Amplified Creme lipstick collection called Up The Amp at £14. It's the perfect colour - soft enough to wear during the day but dramatic enough for night time glam. I also love the creamy formula, which leaves my lips feeling really moisturised.

What do you think of purple tone lipsticks? Have you ever tried them out yourself? Enjoy x












No comments:

Post a Comment