Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Sunday 11 March 2012

Magazine Covers and Designer Collaborations

Hello!

Happy Sunday. I hope you're all having a lovely relaxing Sunday evening.

It's been a bit of a manic week, so apologies for the lack of blogging. I've just painted my nails a gorgeous sunshine yellow (because of today's fab sunny weather - see below) and am in the mood to spread some blog love :)


I spotted a magazine cover this week that I really loved and thought I'd share it with you. It is the April issue of Elle magazine, who have opted for the stunning Olsen twins as their cover stars. I'm not really that in love with the Olsens. Having practically grown up watching them as babies on Full House all the way to their terrible movie career and now as bonafide fashion icons, designers and entrepreneurs, I am always impressed by their fabulous style choices.

Now, not only do these two get to be on the cover...they each get their own cover! that is the power of this dynamic duo. Ashley is styled in a delicate nude dress dripping with jewels and Mary Kate is dressed in a beautiful white shirt adorned with sparkling diamantés. They both look sensational, but I particularly love the look in Mary Kate's eyes! That's smysing!!

ashley olsen

mary kate olsen

On the 8th March on my way to work, I ventured past the H&M on Regent Street to see how big the queue was for the H&M Marni collaboration launch...just on the off chance it was really tiny and I could sneak into the store before work started...no such luck! The queue was HUGE and not wanting to be late for work, I thought I might just pop in on my lunch break to see if there was anything left. There were a couple of bits..the odd jacket and dress but all of the bits I had my eye on had sadly been nabbed up :-(

This collaboration was a lot more grown up than recent ventures...such as the Versace collection. Clean lines, beautiful textures and patterns and stunning colours, which all work together like a gorgeous mosaic. My favourites include silk dresses with popping prints, oversized  floral necklaces, silk printed trousers and tees with sequin collars. If you haven't seen the collection, the campaign was shot by Sofia Coppola, and it really is gorgeous. I;ve put some of my fave pieces from the collection below. What do you think of the collection? Enjoy x




No comments:

Post a Comment