Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Sunday 1 September 2013

Dare To Go Nude




I wrote a blog post a little while back about my preference of lip colour. I love purple and plum shades. This is a relatively new colour love, probably the last year or so, I just found that these tones really suit my skin and hair colour. I love that a purple or plum shade can carry you through from day to night, depending on how dark a tone you choose.

I fancied a bit of a change recently though, just to mix things up a bit, and I thought "ooh, I've never really worn a nude lip before." So, I decided to give a nude(ish) shade a chance. This started with Rimmel's Notting Hill Nude, which I picked up a couple of months ago, and has now ended up in a wee collection of about 5 nude shades, all in various tones and depths.

Wearing Notting Hill Nude
I love wearing these lipsticks through the day. They are so easy to wear and do not over power your face, making wearing a bit more of a dramatic smokey eye during the day easier. I thought they wouldn't suit me, as I was so used to a stronger lip colour but I really love the softness of the shades and they have now become a firm favourite in my (changing)bag.

So I thought I would share them with you!

I've been using a couple of the Revlon Lip Butters recently and I love them. They have the most beautiful consistency, literally like butter! The shades I have been using are Berry Smoothie, a pretty pinkish nude and Pink Truffle, which is more of a mink, brown toned nude. I think Pink Truffle is my favourite of the two shades.

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
Next up is a Rimmel Moisture shade called Notting Hill Nude. This is a great everyday nude - a sort of soft pinkish brown. very subtle yet very pretty, goes with pretty much any look.

Rimmel Notting Hill Nude
Another Rimmel one next, Asia and I think this might be my favourite. It's a slightly deeper shade than Notting Hill Nude and a bit more matte, which gives it a stunning finish. I really love this shade and have already started bulk buying!

Rimmel Asia

Next isn't actually a lipstick, it's a balm! The Maybelline Baby Lips are a bit of a cult product (and at £2.99 you might as well collect all the shades when you find them!) I picked up Peach Kiss, which gives you a really well nourished lip and a touch of colour too...plus a gorgeous peach smell. Yum!

Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss

Finally we have a Rimmel Apocalips in shade Celestial. This is slightly too pigmented to be considered a nude perhaps, but it's a neutral tone, so I decided to include it! The Apocalips are lip lacquers and give a gorgeous amount of colour and a pretty shine, without being too glossy. They also last ages! I love this colour as it is such a pretty day time shade.

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial

So there you have them. Have you tried any of these shades? Which are your favourites? Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment