Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Friday 3 May 2013

Sunset Nails

Sunset Inspired Nails

How amazing is the weather at the moment? Winter has finally left the building and it now truly feels as if summer is on its way at long last. I know I always harp on about how much I prefer autumn and winter fashion to spring and summer, but even I am craving the warmth and sunshine now.

Inspired by the gorgeous sunset I saw the other night, I fancied doing something a bit different with my nail polish choice for the weekend. Sunset ombre effect nails! I went through my varnish collection and selected 5 colours, which could replicate a pretty British sunset. I decided to go for the warmer tones of a sunset - yellows, pinks and corals as opposed to the more tropical pinks, purples and blues.

I've decided to use a different brand for each nail, and have chosen a Barry M, Essie, Fearne Cotton, Bourjois and Mavala. Here are my colours:


Barry M Textured Effect in Station Road

Bourjois No Chips in Number 4502

Fearne in Coral

Mavala in Beirut

Essie in Tart Deco

Then I just applied the colours as they would appear chronologically during sunset - the bright yellow of the sun, fading into a soft orange, into a pinky coral, into a darker coral and finally a deeper red. I think the effect is really pretty and I might try out a tropical sunset theme next week, using my beloved lilacs, purples and pinks.




What do you think of the final look? Is it something you would try? Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment