Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Friday 10 May 2013

Smell My Nails!

L to R: Strawberry Tart, Apple Pie, Banana Split, Blueberry Muffin, Grape Juice
Well I never. Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes a product, which takes you be surprise. 

One of my favourite beauty brands, Models Own, have created a brand new nail polish concept - scented varnishes! The collection is called Fruit Pastels. Remember those stickers, which, when you scratched them, they released a scent? Well, essentially that is the idea. There are 5 different colours - all pretty, feminine pastel shades (just like the collection name suggests) just perfect for summer. Soft lilac, blue, mint green, lemon and pink. All very cute. I love the names -

Before you buy, you can scratch and sniff each polish, which are named after yummy treats - Strawberry Tart, Apple Pie, Grape Juice, Blueberry Muffin and Banana Split...yum! I picked up Apple Pie - a gorgeous pale mint green and Banana Split, a soft yellow. I scratched the lid, as it suggests and low and behold I got a whiff of apple and banana.

When you apply the polish, instead of the acrid scent you usually get with nail varnish, you instead are treated to the smell of apples, bananas, strawberry, grape or blueberry...or snozeberries...I'm kidding...there's no such thing as a snozeberry ;o)

Anyway, the novelty of the scent aside, the colours are just gorgeous, right up my street. I think I'll be heading back to pick up the other three colours very soon - especially as Boots are doing buy one get one half price. Bargain!

What do you think of these scented polishes? Something you'd try? Enjoy x

Banana Split and Apple Pie


Apple Pie



Scratch and Sniff!




No comments:

Post a Comment