Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Saturday 2 April 2011

Fearne Cotton's Makeup Range Makes a Return for Spring!

It's always exciting when a new make up range is launched, and even more so if it has a hot celeb fronting it! TV and radio presenter, style guru, fashionista and all round cool chick Fearne Cotton has just launched the second edition of her make up range "Fearne" (original no?) The first launch was at Christmas, which proved so popular, that a new edition each season was called for.

I was sent a selection of pieces from the new collection to review, and I have to say, I was very impressed. Super cute and girly packaging with quotes and sweet designs and fun and quirky colourways for face, eyes, lips and nails. I was sent two gorgeous nail polishes - a super bright coral (which I am wearing as I type) and a beautiful lilac (my new favourite colour), a chunky silver/blue eyeliner, a well put together eyeshadow palette, a lip set containing a lip pencil, lip gloss and lipstick, all in plummy pink shades and finally an eye shimmer.

The nail varnishes (£5.50) are fab - really bright, summery and fun - just want you want for a spring time manicure fix. the brushes glide onto the nails very easily and just a couple of coats suffice. I managed to keep my nails looking perfect for about three days before they started chipping, which isn't bad considering I was prepping for a photoshoot and doing a lot of packing and unpacking, so if you're careful, they would probably last a bit longer!



The eyeliner (£5) was my least favourite product, but that's more because I'm not a fan of silvery eye products (I prefer richer, earthier tones). It glided on well, but creased up as the day went on. However, I was able to apply my liquid eyeliner over the top, so that was a plus. I think I would use this again, but I would opt for a one of the other shades.



The eyeshadow palette (£12) is gorgeous. Loads of colour options which blend really well together and no shortage of combinations - and the palette comes complete with a mirror, and is really slim, so perfect for slipping into your handbag for a night out, or taking it away with you on holiday as a space saver.



The lip set (£10) is also a great little product, a small lip pencil lets you define your lips, a matching lipstick lets you fill them in and the gloss gives them a great shine. The colour I was sent wasn't my favourite - there is a darker plum shade which is more me - but this makes a great present.



Finally, the eye shimmer (£5) is a little pot of shimmer, which is perfect for applying on your eyes alone or over an eyeshadow to make it a bit more special. I have also dusted it onto my cheekbones to highlight them slightly. Of course, this works better if you have a more natural colour shimmer!



Over all, I was really impressed with Fearne's range. It's fun, colourful and has really reasonable price points, ranging from £5 - £12. The range has just launched in Boots, so why not nip out to your local store and grab yourself a little of Fearne's quirky beauty. Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kylie! I hope you continue to enjoy Belle of the Ball x

    ReplyDelete