Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Saturday 25 January 2014

Pixi Glow Tonic Vs Ren Clarifying Toning Lotion


I have been a big fan of the cult product Glow Tonic by beauty brand Pixi for quite a while. I picked up a full size bottle from their Carnaby Street store back in August (read about it here) and I am only just running out now. Keep in mind I have been using it pretty much every morning and evening since August, so my £16 went a very long way.

However, now that I have only a few pumps left (sob) I thought about repurchasing OR trying out something new. Toning is such an important part of the skin care regime and I do not take it lightly.


I have been hearing some very good things about Ren's Clarifying Toning Lotion and after going back and forth between repurchasing or trying something new, I decided to give the Ren toner a go.

I picked it up at my local M&S (yes they stock Ren! How amazing?!) and at £18 for a bottle, it is £2 more expensive than the Pixi Glow Tonic, but seeing as these products last so long, it's worth the investment.

So what do I think? It might be a little too early to say it, but I love it! It is an exfoliating toner, much like the Glow Tonic, but it is very gentle. It contains Salicilin, Glycolic Acid and Tartaric Acid, which all help to unclog pores, get rid of dead skin cells, prevent breakouts and tone. I used it for the first time at night and my skin felt so refreshed and clean, and in the morning, I noticed a difference in the brightness and softness in my skin.

Overall, I am very happy with this toner. It really leaves your skin soft, bright and feeling utterly toned and cleansed. I use it after my Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm and Bioderma and always follow with either my Origin's Ginzing moisturiser or an over night Youth Code by L'Oreal.

Have you tried the Ren Clarifying Toning Lotion or the Pixi Glow Tonic? Which do you rate? Enjoy x



No comments:

Post a Comment