Musings and ramblings of a Jewish Fashionista

Musings and ramblings of a fashion and beauty obsessed mama. A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog.


Thursday 3 April 2014

New Discovery - SilkFred.com

I love finding out about a new fashion hotspot!

I was browsing on Facebook early this morning, when a link shared by a friend caught my eye. The website was called SilkFred.com and the images being advertised were of a gorgeous black jumpsuit. 

Now I love me a jumpsuit and this one was perfect! Harem style trousers, V neck and very slouchy. I immediately visited the website, without really looking into it too much and purchased the jumpsuit in black and in a blue tropical print. I couldn't pick between the two and at under £40, I thought, get both, see if they look good, if they do put them away for the summer.

Once I made the purchase, I then started to browse around the rest of the website. I was so impressed with the unique collection of designers, that I clicked on the "About Us" page. SilkFred.com are basically a website dedicated to scouting out the best untapped and newly emerging fashion designers. Their collection of designers are so cutting edge, I hadn't really heard of many of them. 

You can browse the online boutiques of these rising stars of the fashion industry, who's collections are all hand selected by the SilkFred.com team. The designers are a mixed bunch of trend-makers, each with their own brand concept. They are sourced at London Fashion Week, graduate showcases and shows and launch pad style initiatives. 

I've put three of my favourite designers below; Never Fully Dressed, Dancing Leopard and Vaccine. Their collections really caught my eye and I'll be sure to keep visiting the website to see which new and exciting designers they recruit!

Have you visited SilkFred.com before? What do you think of the concept? Enjoy x



No comments:

Post a Comment